Required documentation for a compassionate withdrawal
Academic Policies sidebar menu
When requesting a compassionate withdrawal, specific documentation is required. These are guidelines, your documentation will be specific to your situation. The documentation should corroborate your request by either strengthening the request or providing a timeline for event(s).
- If your request involves a death, attach a copy of the death certificate, airline itinerary and receipt, funeral pamphlet, etc.
- If your request is a result of a job change, provide documentation highlighting the job change.
- If your request concerns another’s illness or hospitalization, the supporting documentation must be sent to us directly from the provider. See below for details.
- If your request involves military deployment or relocation, please include a copy of your orders or letter from commanding officer.
- If your request involves a natural disaster include copies of insurance statements, pictures of damage, etc.
- If your request involves childbirth or pregnancy please include copy of birth certificate or letter from medical provider or hospital.
- These are just some examples. The supporting documentation provided should include more information about the circumstance.
These are just some examples. The supporting documentation provided should include more information about the circumstance.
All official documentation must be presented to our office. Medical documentation must come from the provider. You may submit the non-medical related documentation either by fax or email.
How to send medical documentation
Medical documentation must come directly from the medical provider.
Preferred method: Fax
Fax directly from the provider to 480-965-8095
Alternate method: Mail
Documents must be in a sealed envelope from the provider.
ASU, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Office of Academic and Student Affairs
699 S Mill Ave
BYENG 6th Floor
Tempe AZ 85287-8109
How to send non-medical documentation
You may send non-medical documentation yourself via fax or email.
Scan or send accurate photos of your documents to [email protected].